Monday, May 25, 2009

Avery


something gets us up each morning. something gets us going during the workaday week and probably something much greater gets us up on the weekends. if i had to pick a reason that my vantage point of the world is behind varied lenses of a reliable camera, I suppose the answer would be avery. she was my muse and continues to be on a regular basis. from the moment she entered this world she was a happy face to the camera. capturing her life as she lives it makes my life worthwhile. my love of putting her in picture was the natural progression toward putting others in picture as well. i feel that i can connect to you and your life because i understand- based upon my own little family- how much it means to capture life in action- or childhood in action- or love in action. i suppose that's why i take the pictures i take...
don't get me wrong-i love seeing pictures of avery dressed up for picture-taking. sitting pretty on the stool of photographic mastery. it has its place amidst of all of us. there is a certain timeless quality of a posed portrait that is a staple of every home. ..but those are not the pictures i create. just as with words, or stories, or even a blog, i like to find the story to it all. whether it's bubbles at dusk or barefeet at noon. my job is to capture it.
avery gave me that ability.
she is fluid motion and boundless energy. the cross-examination of every new experience and the angst of every studio photographer. so instead i focused my photography on her, as she is- and usually, sometimes effortlessly, she gives me raw happiness. captured. unadorned. unplanned. unexpected.... and it's beautiful. and now i have been fortunate and blessed enough to pass my love of capturing the beauty of living on to anyone who wants to have it.
what it all adds up to is a menagerie of life. these pictures- your pictures- are a novel spun in photo, a wordless story that tells a thousand tales.
and though my story is titled Avery... yours is whatever you imagine.
jg.

No comments:

Post a Comment